Nyon, February 16 (QNA) – The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) released a report on its official website on Friday revealing the top five European clubs in terms of revenue generated in 2023.

Spanish giants Real Madrid topped the list with a staggering revenue of $905 million, a 17 percent increase from their $793 million earnings in 2022. This marks a significant achievement for the club, further solidifying their position as one of the most successful and financially stable teams in the world.

English Premier League champions Manchester City followed closely behind in second place, with a revenue of $900 million, representing a 13 percent increase compared to 2022. This remarkable growth can be attributed to the team’s historic UEFA Champions League triumph in 2023, their first in the club’s history, which undoubtedly boosted their commercial and financial standing.

Spanish powerhouse FC Barcelona secured third place with a revenue of $877 million, reflecting an impressive 28 percent increase from the previous year. This resurgence demonstrates the club’s continued resilience and financial strength despite recent challenges, and bodes well for their future prospects.

Paris Saint-Germain of France and Manchester United of England completed the top five, with revenues of $869 million (a 21 percent increase) and $804 million (an 8 percent increase) respectively. These figures highlight the growing financial clout of both clubs and their ability to compete with the European elite.

The UEFA report also provides insights into the distribution of revenue generated by European club competitions. According to the report, a significant 93.5 percent of the revenue is directed back to the participating clubs, while the remaining 6.5 percent is reinvested in grassroots football development at the national level. This demonstrates UEFA’s commitment to supporting the growth and sustainability of sport across Europe. (QNA)


Leave a Reply